Post originally on instagram 1.05.20, updated 9.07.20
Let’s talk about gloves and how to use them correctly.
Wearing PPE is a way to prevent the spread of diseases, but only if used correctly. Gloves aren’t necessarily advised throughout the pandemic – unless you work in certain professions – but we have had many questions about gloves. So we have done our best to give an overview on how to wear gloves correctly, if you chose to wear them.
We have discussed the risk of wearing masks incorrectly and how this can put you at more risk, tonight we focus on the correct usage of gloves. 🧤
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, before AND after using gloves
- If you are wearing gloves to protect yourself, the material of these gloves are very important.
- Gloves should be changed frequently to reduce risk of spreading diseases
- When removing your gloves, do it so your hands do not come into direct contact with the outside of the gloves.
- Improper use of gloves increases the risk to you and those around you.
- Good hand hygeine practice is a more favourable preventative measure.
- PPE is in high demand in healthcare settings, social distancing and hygiene should always be adhered too.
Any questions are welcomed, as always.
More of our infographics on PPE here