Post originally on instagram
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought a lot of terminology to people and understandably it can be confusing trying to keep up. So here is the glossary of a pandemic!
We’ve put together a quick glossary of common words to help you engage with articles and question topics as they come up.
Things like: what’s the difference between SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19? 🦠
Who is a carrier? 👥
What does a ventilator do? 💨
What is herd immunity?
Use our glossary of a pandemic to help navigate through news and media about the pandemic!
Our definitions are split over 3 categories:
- Viruses, Diseases and Patients
- Testing, Tracing and Lab work
- Treatments and Therapies
If you think we have missed any words or want us to add more to our glossary, let us know by dropping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or getting in touch on any of our social media platforms!
Why don’t you read some of our blog posts about COVID-19!
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Landscape
- Report Summary: Features of 20,133 UK patients in hospital with COVID-19 using the ISARIC WHO Clinical Characterisation Protocol: prospective observational cohort study
- “SARS-COV-2 was already spreading in France in late December 2019” – A Scientific Perspective.
- COVID-19: Let’s Talk Vaccines
- COVID-19: Let’s talk treatments
- Viral Disease Emergence: Separating the Fact from the Fiction
- Coronavirus: A natural phenomenon or a man-made weapon?
Or browse our infographics on COVID-19 here.